Bloq is an stylish portfolio theme for Tumblr aimed at designers and creatives. Bloq portfolio grid features two different layout modes: Masonry and Rows. Bloq includes a touch optimized image slider, “Homepage Hero” and “Call to Action” sections, dark and light preset skins to get you started, and much more!
- Responsive layout—your portfolio looks great on phones, tablets and desktops.
- Retina ready—Bloq uses a combination of HTML5 canvas drawings and webfont icons, looking great on any device and specially on high density displays.
- Custom image logo—optionally with hover state and high resolution variations.
- Touch optimized homepage slider—Bloq uses swipe.js, the most accurate touch slider. You can upload up to five images with their own caption and URL.
- Unique portfolio grid with two different layout modes: Masonry and Segmented Rows. The last one is similar to the way Tumblr displays photosets natively
- Dynamically load the next set of portfolio projects on the homepage with Ajax.
- Ajaxified portfolio filter.
- Ajaxified permalinks—load your project’s description without leaving the homepage.
- Homepage Hero and Call-to-Action, to display a welcome message for your visitors and grab your users attention.
- Collapsible widget area: the widget area on top can be toggled and re-positions to the right side on smaller screens.
- Twitter, Flickr, Dribbble and Instagram feeds.
- Support for the following Tumblr post types: text, photo, photoset, quote, link, chat, audio, and video.
- Google Web Fonts for site-wide headings.
- Social icons: Behance, deviantArt, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google*, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, MySpace, Picasa, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube.
- Support for Disqus commenting system.
- Easy Google Analytics implementation.
- Support for user created pages.
- Ask and Submit enabled.
- Chock-full of options—all colors can be changed from the customization sidebar
- Comprehensive documentation.
v1.6.0 March 4, 2019
- New: Add support for MailChimp newsletter signup embed code.
- New: Add Anonymous Pro, Roboto Mono and Ubuntu Mono to the list of body text fonts.
- New: Add support for serving blogs over SSL.
- Fixed: Resolve errors when referencing assets from non-HTTPS URLs on the customizer.
v1.5.2 October 2, 2017
- Fix content scrolling when opening and closing the project expander on Chrome 61 and Chrome on Android.
- Fix header and widget area positioning on tablets when Tumblr controls iframe isn’t hidden.
- Add option to hide Tumblr controls and Tumblr app button iframes.
- Make videos inside post descriptions responsive.
- Update Instagram and 500px social icons.
- Add ‘theme color’ meta tag to specify the theme color for Chrome on Android.
v1.5.1 March 24, 2016
- New: Hiding custom cover images on text posts permalinks is now optional.
- New: Option to enable loop mode for the featured posts carousel.
- Improved: Show Pinterest sharing button for all post types whenever possible.
v1.5.0 December 11, 2015
- New: Options for Homepage Slider loop mode and disabling autostart on interaction.
- New: switched to PhotoSwipe for the custom image lightbox.
- Fixed: Ajax pagination now works correctly on tag and search pages.
- Fixed: Tumblr controls stack order.
- Updated: Google+ sharing icon on permalink pages.
v1.4.5 November 25, 2015
- Fixed: Updated Dribbble widget to work with the new API.
- Fixed: The search form was no longer being submitted while on the homepage.
- Updated: Google+ social icon.
- Misc: Improved documentation.
v1.4.4 April 28, 2015
- New: Content loaded via AJAX (posts loaded on the grid and details in the expander) is now tracked by Google Analytics.
- Fixed a CSS transition glitch when first opening or swapping content on the project expander.
- Fixed an issue when cycling through posts on the expander if the destination post didn’t have a featured image.
- Minor CSS fixes.
v1.4.3 February 27, 2015
- Fixed: Prevent a layout miscalculation that happens when using the “Rows” layout while hiding posts from the grid.
- New: Social icons and services (Etsy, IMDb, MySpace, Quora, Rdio, Reddit, Shop, Society6 and Spotify.)
- Updated: deviantArt social icon.
v1.4.2 February 9, 2015
- Fixed: Creation of “fake titles” now checks for both strong and bold HTML tags, in order to account for recent changes on the dashboard post editor.
- Minor CSS changes.
v1.4.1 January 24, 2015
- Fixed: Text posts with cover images — sometimes the thumbnail image size would not be set correctly.
v1.4.0 December 6, 2014
- New: Featured Posts HTML placeholder and Featured Slider autostart (“Featured Slider Timeout”).
- New: “Featured Posts Limit” option (defaults to 20 if empty, which is also the maximum allowed).
- Misc: Updated Swiper plugin to version 2.7.0.
v1.3.9 November 4, 2014
- Fixed: The theme would use the wrong URL when posting or retrieving Disqus comments on posts loaded with Ajax on the homepage, in some cases.
- Fixed: Google Analytics code didn’t work properly with custom domain names.
v1.3.8 August 14, 2014
- Fixed invalid markup for Vimeo video posts on the homepage—i.e: links won’t work.
- Minor CSS fixes.
v1.3.7 August 8, 2014
- Fixed: Removed outdated CSS rules that could cause the Masonry layout to break on Safari.
v1.3.6 June 17, 2014
- New: Support for “Answer” post type.
- New: Hidden Tags. Hide posts with certain tags on the homepage, but show them on tag pages.
- New: Option to disable URL hash parameters when using Ajax.
- New: Option to hide extra content (slider, etc.) on index pages other than the first one.
- New: Option to limit the thumbnail titles to a maximum number of characters.
- New: Drop Caps for post details.
- New: Support for Font Awesome icons.
- New: 500px social icon.
- Changed: Behavior for photosets with custom thumbnail images.
- Fixed: Changed the class name of the social icons wrapper to prevent Ad blocking extensions from hiding them.
- Fixed: First image on pages was hidden when custom cover images for text posts was enabled globally.
- Fixed: Error when opening the actual link on a “Link” post on the grid when custom cover images for text posts
was enabled globally.
- Fixed: Error when retrieving the default thumbnail image for Vimeo videos.
- Fixed: Rendering issues in Chrome.
v1.3.5 March 25, 2014
- Fix: Fixed gaps between thumbnails in Masonry layout. Improved thumbnail sizing.
- Fix: Thumbnail image opacity is applied correctly now.
- Fix: Prevent slider from firing when only one slide is present.
v1.3.4 March 20, 2014
- Fix: Social icons correct SoundCloud URL.
v1.3.3 March 18, 2014
- New: Option for thumbnails to use headings font family (“Thumbnails Use Headings Font Family”).
- Fix: Resolved a conflict with jQuery Zoom and photosets.
- CSS: Removed “backface-visibility” from asides CSS rules.
v1.3.2 March 08, 2014
- Fix: Fill unsightly gaps between thumbs when using the “Rows” layout on the grid.
- Fix: Endless scrolling retriggered itself after posts were loaded sometimes.
v1.3.1 February 27, 2014
- Fix: Loading posts with Ajax would throw an error when the portfolio filter was disabled.
- Fix: Scrolling improvements when opening/closing the Ajax expander.
- Fix: Clean up utility tags from project descriptions.
v1.3.0 February 26, 2014
- Complete rewrite of the underlying code and very minor restyling.
- New: Optional infinite/endless scrolling.
- New: History implementation with Sammy.js – App state recall using the URL hash (#).
- New: Optional cover images for Text, Quote and Link posts.
- New: Featured projects and Featured Projects Swiper.
- New: Optional custom grid layouts for photosets.
- New: Custom photoset image lightbox.
- New: Optional featured image for photosets (display first image on the set only on the grid).
- New: jQuery Zoom for really large images (single photos and photosets stacked layout only).
- New: Option for equal column widths on project details.
- New: Options to set header heights (normal and compact).
- New: Optional text based logo.
- New: Code syntax highlighting with over forty style themes.
- New: Scroll to top button.
- New: Added Email social icon.
- New: Option to hide the “permalink” button on the Ajax expander.
- New: Disqus comments are now available on the Ajax expander.
- New: Optionally display Facebook comments.
- New: Collapsible panels for comments and notes.
- Fix: Retina logo on Chrome for iOS.
- Misc: Bloq now uses SVG for icons instead of HTML canvas and webfonts.
- Misc: Use CSS3 transforms and transition whenever possible.
v1.2.0 September 12, 2013
- New: Option to set layout for permalink pages (project details) globally (left, right, or fullwidth media).
- New: Built-in Google Fonts options for main body text.
- New: Ability to visually hide individual posts from the portfolio grid.
v1.1.1 September 10, 2013
- Fix: Fixed loading more post with Ajax on “tagged” pages.
- Fix: Better behaviour of portfolio filter on “tagged” pages.
- New: Google Web Font option for “Call-to-Action” and “Homepage Hero” blocks.
- New: Options to specify Google Web Font script subset (like Cyrillic and Greek, for example).
- New: Options to hide the Slider, “Call-to-Action” and “Homepage Hero” blocks on “tagged” pages.
- Fix: fixes Twitter Widget timestamp on Internet Explorer.
v1.1.0 July 09, 2013
- New: “Previous” and “Next” arrows to navigate between projects.
- New: “Previous post” and “Next post” buttons on project permalinks.
- New: “Like” button on project details Share box.
- New: Option to show text based toggle for searchform instead of icon.
- New: Typography helper classes (“align-left”, “align-right”, etc.)
- Minor CSS improvements.
v1.0.4 June 22, 2013
- Added “Use Wide Thumbnails On Mobile” option.
- Fixes for a rendering bug in webkit browsers.
- Fix for off-canvas sidebar not showing when changing orientation on the iPad.
v1.0.3 May 11, 2013
- Fixes some glitches when scrolling the site on Mobile Safari (iPhone/iPad).
- Improved smooth scrolling when opening/closing project details.
- Better handling of “retina” logo images. CSS rewrite to fix some logo display glitches on Mobile Safari.
- Fixes an issue when embedding videos from certain sources, such as CNN.
v1.0.2 May 03, 2013
- Fixes and improvements for the Ajax portfolio filter.
- Correct color coding of thumbnails overlays when using categories containing more than a single word.
- Add optional jQuery fallback for the filter for blogs displayed in non-western languages.
v1.0.1 April 18, 2013
- Fix an issue when the Ajax portfolio filter wouldn”t work when using a custom domain name for the tumblog.
- Add option to hide the top widget area entirely.
- Add missing sections to the documentation.
v1.0 April 16, 2013
- Initial release.