18 Nov 2021 • Updated firebase service • Updated to sdk 31 • Android 12 supported • Fixed multidex issue • Fixed admob issue • Fixed reward system • Added notification channel for api 28+ devices • APK updated
30 July 2020 • Code clean up. • Gradle updated.
20 June 2020 • Full app changelogs. • Full app files updated to AndroidX. • Gradle updated. • SDK updated to 28. • Documentation updated.
25 Jan 2019 • Added functionality for revealing the first letter after watching a rewarded ad • Implemented words sorting by length or by unsolved first.
19 Nov 2018 • Added interstitial ads between game levels, for 2 seconds
Wordzy is a Universal Game Template where you have to unscramble as many letters in a word, as you want, in a nice interface as a grid of buttons.
You can insert your words into a simple .txt file.
If you get stuck on a word, you can ask for help from your friends on social networks, use email, and SMS.
Wordzy is multi-language (English and Italian words and translations included for demo purposes), native Android Studio project, Java language, Universal, super easy to customize.
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code.
Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version of the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persists, please contact me through my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message of you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash.
Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = (AdView) findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 3.x project – Java/XML
- Universal – Android 4.1+
- AdMob banners
- PSD icon graphics included
- Easy to customize
- Add as many words as you want
- Easily insert your words into a .txt file
- Ask for help to unscramble a word on installed social network apps, mail and SMS
- HTML User Guide included
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID